Summer is a time for grilling out! Take a look at these beauties Chefs love to make at our campuses.
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, roughly diced
- 3 tbsp fresh garlic, roughly diced Coupons
- 3 lbs chicken, cubed
- 2 cups fresh pineapple squares
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into squares
- 2 bunches of green onion, cut into pieces
1. Blanch cubed pineapple and refresh in ice water – this will help neutralize the acid in the fruit that will cure the chicken.
2. Mix together the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
3. Place the cubed chicken in a large baking dish and mix with the sauce. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
4. Using skewers (if wooden, make sure to soak them in water to keep them from burning), add pieces of chicken, pineapple, red bell pepper, and onion.
5. Cook on a hot grill until chicken is done.
If you'd like to download this recipe, click here.