Impress your guests with our take on this classic dish.
- 4 chicken half breasts- boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tbsp.
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Fresh chives
1. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and oregano and blend well.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a skillet until bubbling lightly.
3. Dredge the chicken in the flour and shake off the excess. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly brown. Turn to the second side to cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove chicken pieces from pan, set aside.
4. Add the wine to deglaze the pan, stir in Lemon juice and stock. Reduce about 2 more minutes.
5. Stir in the mushrooms, return the chicken to mixture, cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve over noodles. Garnish with chopped fresh chives.
If you'd like, you can download this recipe here.